About the Role
Time Doctor is a work insights software company that tracks and analyzes how time is spent to provide insights and direction on how companies can improve performance and be better. Better by the hour, better by the minute – better by the second.
We’re looking to add a talented Engineering Lead to help us accelerate the future of remote work. The Engineering Lead will work on and guide the cloud engineering team. Their unique combination of leadership, coaching, process improvement, and hands-on ability will ensure the cloud team can realize their vision.
By combining those abilities with a close partnership with the cloud team product manager, you’ll create a capability that enables the cloud team to design and deliver SaaS applications that accelerate the world’s transition to remote work.
- Lead, manage, and hire cloud team engineers and ensure that they’re motivated, happy, and contribute to team success
- Operate in a 60% hands-on and 40% leadership/process capacity
- Be generous in your mentorship and the development of your engineers, educating them using your technical mastery and ensuring your teammates get this from others in areas you’re not an expert in
- Contribute to the broader engineering vision, in collaboration with the CTO and VP of engineering, and communicate the vision regularly to your team
- Design and deliver Time Doctor’s suite of cloud applications
- Translate the product managers’ vision into well understood technical tasks that can be efficiently delivered by the team
- Drive a culture of quality that can scale by ensuring relevant test engineering techniques, for example, unit tests, code reviews, integration testing, and snapshot testing
- Own the complete cloud team delivery process, ensuring it’s optimized from start to finish and continuously optimizing the process through regular retrospectives and continual improvement
- Initiate changes in existing processes based on a combination of the experience of you and your team and metrics to improve the efficiency, quality, and delivery rate of your team
- Minimize the number of open critical and support issues by working with support departments to respond rapidly and manage customer issues
- Own the cloud team production environment, ensuring platform performance, uptime, and stability
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience working as a lead level engineer, ideally working on Node.js applications at scale
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead technical discussions
- Strong MongoDB experience, ideally with some sharding experience
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous delivery, ideally in a product-focused SaaS environment
- Experience working with AWS (S3, SQS, Redshift, Lambda), Google BigQuery, Firebase, Redis, and Heroku is desirable
- Experience working in a structured delivery environment
- Interest in a remote-first role and the ability to thrive in such an environment
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- The ability to form strong relationships with internal teams, for example, support, customer success, and other engineering teams
- The ability to prioritize and remain calm under pressure
Our vision is to be the most trusted time-tracking and productivity application for remote teams. We help companies and employees do their best work. We are looking for people passionate about spreading the practice of remote work with all of the benefits that come with it. We believe that office life is antiquated, that geography should not limit your career prospects, and that people should be able to work from wherever they want.
We’re a diverse global team of over 130 people working 100% remotely in over 30 different countries. We’re looking for an innovative cloud engineering team lead ready to help us modernize remote work. Learn more about us here - https://www.timedoctor.com/about-us.html