About the Job
Do you live and breathe remote work and event management? Are you passionate about building a world-class conference brand? Are you a self-starter with superhuman organizational skills?
If this sounds like you, this might be the perfect job for you.
Running Remote has been the definitive annual conference for building and scaling remote teams since 2018. In this role, you’ll be working directly under one of the founders. We organize live and virtual events, webinars, expert panel discussions, and monthly online community meetups. As the sponsorship director, you’ll work alongside the CEO to secure sponsors for our recurring conferences. The salary includes an attractive commission package for inbound and outbound sales
- Identify and approach potential sponsorship leads.
- Formulate sponsorship packages, pricing, and multi-event deals.
- Create tailored packages based on that particular sponsor’s needs.
- Generate various types of written pitches for email and LinkedIn outreach.
- Develop sustainable revenue streams in addition to the basic sponsorship deck.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the event is profitable by keeping track of quarterly sales KPIs.
- Work with the team to develop schedule sponsored speaking slots in the event schedule and assist with formulating the presentation topics.
- Brainstorm sponsored giveaways and swag/offer distribution at the event.
- Sponsor on-boarding, including invoicing, promotional assets (logos, etc.), and handover to the team.
- Create deals and update records based on the lead/sponsor’s status in HubSpot.
- Work with the partnership manager on in-kind sponsorships, media partnerships, and when required.
- Generate and provide sponsorship activity reports following the event.
- Work with sponsors to collect case studies and testimonials.
- Be the first point of contact for sponsors during the events, assisting their virtual booths and general attendance.
- Provide support on the design of the sponsorship application form, landing page, and other content for new sponsors.
- The ability to work in the EU/US time zone
- 5+ years of event sponsorship sales experience in the technology sector
- Experience in sales for virtual events and conferences
- Mastery of best practices in event sales and management
- The ability to travel for business globally, as needed
- Experience using a CRM, such as Salesforce or HubSpot
- A proven track record of securing IT companies for event sponsorship
- Being a self-starter with a passion for intelligent sales and career growth
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working remotely with a high level of autonomy
- Competency and confidence when working on the computer and using various types of software
- The proven ability to use initiative when required and to go above and beyond in order to deliver an excellent event experience
- The ability to quickly make decisions while acting in the team’s interest
- A proven track record of multitasking with great attention to detail so that you’re 100% accurate and meticulous
- The capacity to stay calm and focused while coping with the pressures of multiple deadlines and responsibilities
- The ability to develop long-lasting relationships and rapport
- The ability to be flexible and to occasionally work evenings and weekends as business needs require
- Virtual event sponsorship sales experience
- Content placement sponsorship experience
- Online marketing experience
- Event management experience
This is a 100%-remote job for an event sales manager who’s passionate about the future of work.
How to Apply:
Click the Apply button below.
About Our Company
Our vision is to enable more people to work whenever they want, wherever they want. We set out to popularize remote work and raise the productivity of many companies. Running Remote is a sister project of Time Doctor—one of the most trusted time-tracking and productivity applications for remote teams. We want to help companies know if their remote teams are working productively.
We develop and market Time Doctor, a time-tracking and productivity tool. Our software is used by individuals and teams to track time spent on tasks and to monitor computer activity. Time Doctor can take screenshots while a person is working, monitor keyboard and mouse activity, and track website and application usage.
We have a team of over 120 people working 100% remotely in 42 different countries.
Learn more about us here: https://www.timedoctor.com/jobs.html