About the Role
We are seeking a Chief of Staff (CoS) to support our Chief Operations Officer. This strategic position will focus on empowering the operations organizations as we continue to grow. This integral role requires a natural ability to build strong, trusting partnerships across the organization while driving key initiatives, cross-functional projects and ensuring effective communications and deliverables. This role will act as "trusted counsel" and will work closely with all teams across the organization. The CoS must be a highly resourceful individual who thrives in a fast-moving, complex environment.
- Attend executive leadership’s team meetings across the company to ensure strategic alignment across teams, raising disconnects and identifying risks
- Act as a trusted advisor to the COO across all strategic & operational initiatives
- Act as a bridge for smooth communication between the COO and leaders across the organization, building relationships crucial to effective collaboration across the company
- Support the COO in evaluating and researching strategic opportunities
- Lead special projects critical to the COO and Time Doctor’s executive team
- Generally bring structure and processes to a rapidly scaling team
- Own and continuously improve the “company operating system”, including goal setting and key communication processes and tools
- Uncover capability gaps in the organization and work proactively to find solutions
- Ensure consistent alignment between stakeholders in operations, sales, marketing, customer service, and product teams
- Identify and remove blockers, driving major projects towards completion
- Facilitate post-mortems, learnings, feedback, and constant improvement
- Owning, developing, and ensuring we are all living our company values and principles
Strategic Initiatives & Special Projects
- Partner with executive leadership to understand the impact of strategic initiatives and build them into the near and long term plans
- Lead regular competitive analysis and updates
- Manage quarterly and annual goal & strategic planning initiatives with Time Doctor executives and leaders
- Endlessly identify opportunities for growth and improvements on company KPIs and collaborate closely with relevant parties to implement those initiatives
- Compile, analyze, and communicate data necessary for the COO to make key decisions
Required Skills & Experience
- We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years experience in either an operational or similar cross-functional leadership role at a rapidly growing startup
- Several years experience in project and change management
- Experience building and leading teams
- An obsession with efficiency, establishing processes and creating structure where there is none
- Strong communication, and stakeholder management skills.
- The ability to influence teams up, down, and across the organization. Must have demonstrated track record of leadership without having direct authority
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
This is a full-time, 100% remote position that will allow you to work from anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our vision is to be the most trusted time-tracking and productivity application for remote teams. We help companies and employees do their best work. We are looking for people passionate about spreading the practice of remote work with all of the benefits that come with it. We believe that office life is antiquated, that geography should not limit your career prospects, and that people should be able to work from wherever they want.
We’re a diverse global team of over 100 people working 100% remotely in over 30 different countries. We’re looking for innovative team members ready to help us modernize remote work. Learn more about us here - https://www.timedoctor.com/abo...